for pilotage service in the port of Gdańsk,
the port of Elbląg and Zalew Wiślany
valid from 1 July 2020
1. The rates for pilotage services are given in EUR and are converted into the currency of payment in compliance with the Table of Exchange Rates of the National Bank of Poland according to the average exchange rate binding on the date preceding the day the pilot services had been completed.
2. The charges for pilotage services are collected depending on the volume of the vessel or towing unit calculated according to the following formula:
V = L x B x T
V- Volume of the vessel or towing unit, expressed in cubic meters,
L- Length overall of the vessel or towing unit, (LOA) expressed in meters and centimeters,
B – Maximum breadth of the vessel or towing unit, expressed in meters and centimeters,
T – maximum summer draught of the ship or towing unit, expressed in meters and centimeters.
3. The data necessary for the calculation of the volume referred to in Item 2 shall be determined on the basis of the ships International Tonnage Certificate or Certificate of Registry. In case it is not possible to determine data on the above mentioned basis, the data, published in the Lloyd’s Register of Ships, shall be used.
4. Fees according to the Table of Charges refer to a single operation of pilotage of ships or towing units in the Gdańsk Seaport Water Region or the Port of Elbląg and Zalew Wiślany.
5. The charge for pilot services on the vessels not having determined tonnage measurements and such as floating docks, drilling platforms or other structures not complying with the commonly accepted maritime trade conditions, shall be taken based on the agreement depending on the type and size of the piloted object.
6. The fee collected for over 30 minute waiting of the ordered pilot for the ship readiness to start manoeuvres is EUR 50 for every 30 minutes started.
7. The fee collected for the cancelled pilot service after he has entered the ship is EUR 50.
8. For pilotage services rendered to tourist and cruise liners and container ships in ocean shipping the fee with 25% discount will be collected. It refers to inbound vessels in commercial traffic connected with passenger or cargo transport.
9. For pilotage services rendered to vessels in the Port of Gdańsk, after completion of 10 calls assisted by the pilot within the subsequent 12 months, the fee can be reduced by 25%. The reduced fee shall be calculated in the following months if the vessel uses the service in a continuous way, and stops to be binding in the following cases:
a) when the ship fails to have 10 calls in the subsequent calendar year and the following years.
b) when the captain of the piloted ship is exempt from pilotage services.
10. For pilotage services rendered to the vessels or towing units within the Port of Gdańsk the fees are collected according to the Table of Charges with a surcharge of 10%.
11. For pilotage services from the so called “old port”(Inner Port) to Norhern Port [Port Północny] (Outer Port) or the other way around, and from the Śmiała Wisła to the Port of Gdańsk across the Gdańsk Bay Water Region the fee shall be collected according to the Table of Charges with a surcharge of 50%.
12. For pilotage services rendered in full or in part in the shipyard water region the fee shall be collected according to the Table of Charges with a surcharge of 25%, apart from pilotage services from the roadstead (or to the roadstead) to:
Nabrzeże Zdobywców Kołobrzegu [Quayside]
Nabrzeże Kaszubskie [Quayside]
Nabrzeże Remontowe (GSR) [Quayside]
Nabrzeże Czołowe (GSR) [Quayside]
13. For vessels docking, undocking and launching the fee shall be collected with a surcharge of 50%.
14. For pilotage of vessels or towing units on the following routes:
from Polish border – Buoy No.10 to the Port of Elbląg or other ports in Zalew Wiślany;
from the Osłonka pumping station the Port of Elbląg or other ports of Zalew Wiślany;
from Polish border – Buoy No. 10 to the Osłonka pumping station;
from the Osłonka pumping station to Polish border – Buoy No. 10;
- the fee shall be collected according to the Table of Charges with a surcharge of 50%.
For pilotage services rendered to the vessels or towing units within the Port of Elbląg the fee shall be collected according to the Table of Charges.
15. For pilotage services rendered to the vessels or towing units without operational main engine or steering gear the fee will be collected according to the Table of Charges with a surcharge of 10%, apart from pilotage services rendered to the vessels or towing units in connection with Items 5, 11 and 12.
16. For pilotage services rendered to the vessels or towing units assisted by another pilot, at the request of the shipowner or the public administrative authorities, or when it results from the regulations, the fee will be collected with a surcharge of 25%.
a/ The cost of actions connected with the services rendered under the regulations of the public administrative authorities will be borne by the party in favour of which the service has been rendered.
b/ Any other work not mentioned in the present Tariff will be settled under a separate agreement.
c/ Using a pilot boat not connected with pilot service requires a separate fee.
d/ In case of ice services and the need to place a pilot on a ship with the help of a tugboat or from the air, the fee will be collected according to the Table of Charges plus the costs of the tugboat or helicopter hire.
e/ The party ordering the pilotage service is obliged to pay the amount due for the ordered pilotage service. Rendering of the ordered pilotage service may be conditioned by the payment of fees due in advance or by the payment of a specified advance payment. If the ordering party orders pilotage service in its own name and on its own account or on account of a third party (the principal), it is obliged to place the order by fax or email. At the request of a pilotage provider, the party ordering the service on behalf of the principal is obliged at any time to indicate the complete data of this principal being necessary to account for the service rendered as well as to submit evidence of authorization to act on behalf of the principal. In case of non-performance or improper performance of the above mentioned obligation, the ordering party shall be liable for the claims of the pilotage provider in respect of the pilotage service rendered.
f/ The summer draught means load-line set in compliance with the International Convention for Load-lines, and for ships for which load-lines have not been set T shall be assumed as the biggest current draught.
g/ The size of towing units shall not be taken into account while calculating pilot fees, except towing units when the pushing ships and the pushed ship are rigidly connected into a combined unit treated as an independent power-driven vessel.
h/ In case of applying some increases or decreases in the fees, they apply jointly.
i/ All fees mentioned above do not include VAT within the meaning of the Act on Tax on Goods and Services and Excise Tax 8th January 1993 (Journal of Laws No 11/93 item 50) with later amendments.
j/ The amount of the fees mentioned in point 18 of this Tariff (Table of Fees) will be subject to annual indexation in line with the average annual increase in the harmonised consumer price index (HICP) for Poland, as published by the European Statistical Office (Eurostat), for the previous year, only if the index is higher than 100. A change in the amount of the fees resulting from the aforementioned indexation does not constitute a change in the terms of the Tariff. The fees to be indexed as specified above will be valid from 1 April of each calendar year.
18. Table of Charges
|Volume (V) m3||EURO|
|Volume (V) m3||EURO|
|Volume (V) m3||EURO|
|Volume (V) m3||EURO|
for pilot boat service for transfer of people
associated with the operation of vessels
in the Gdańsk Seaport Water Region
valid from 1 May 2012
Transport of third parties is not available - until further notice
1. The request for pilot boat service is made to the Pilot Station Dispatcher.
2. The service can be carried out if it does not interfere with the current work of the Pilot Station and depends on the current pilot vessel engagement and weather conditions
3. The charges for pilot boat service are expressed in EUR. Calculation of the tariffs in payment currency is performed on the basis of the average conversion rate in the Conversion Tabe of Polish Zloty ,published by The National Bank of Poland, to foreign currency binding on the date the pilot boat service is completed.
4. The charges for pilot boat services depend on the distance measured in nautical miles covered by the hired pilot boat.
5. The fee is calculated as follows:
a) for covering the distance up to 4 nautical miles 100 EUR
b) for covering the distance up to 6 nautical miles 150 EUR
c) for covering the distance up to 8 nautical miles 200 EUR
d) for covering the distance up to 10 nautical miles 250 EUR
and for every commenced 2 nautical miles an additional fee of 50 EUR
6. For waiting time of the ordered pilot boat, lasting over 30 minutes, a fee of 50 EUR is levied for each commenced 30 minutes.